Abbott Insurance Kansas City

Compare insurance rates online from top rated companies for your car, home or motorcycle insurance policy.

8117 N Oak Trfy, Kansas City, MO 64118

Flood Insurance

Floods can happen anywhere — just one inch of floodwater can cause up to $25,000 in damage. Most homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage. Flood insurance is a separate policy that can cover buildings, the contents in a building, or both, so it is important to protect your most important financial assets — your home, business, and possessions.

Things to consider about Flood Insurance.

Kansas City is not immune to the risks of flooding. As the heartland experiences its fair share of severe weather patterns, the need for flood insurance becomes paramount for homeowners and businesses alike.

One of the critical reasons to purchase flood insurance in Kansas City is the unpredictability of weather patterns. Flash floods, river floods, and torrential rains can lead to sudden and severe flooding, catching homeowners off guard. Without proper insurance, the financial burden of rebuilding and replacing possessions can be overwhelming.

  • Your home does not need to be in a flood zone to get flood insurance. Most homes that experience catastrophic losses don't have flood insurance.
  • You have options! Policies can be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program or through private insurers. Determining what coverage you want and need can help determine which option will be best for you
  • It's not only about protecting your home and belongings. Flood insurance can provide coverage to help pay for temporary living expenses while your home cannot be occupied during repairs

Common Questions about General Liability

Is there a waiting period for flood insurance to take effect?

Yes, there is usually a 30-day waiting period from the time of purchase before flood insurance coverage becomes effective. It's essential to plan ahead and purchase insurance well in advance of potential flood events.

Are renters eligible for flood insurance?

Yes, renters can purchase flood insurance to protect their personal belongings in the event of a flood. The coverage is separate from the landlord's insurance, which typically covers structural damage to the building.

Can I get flood insurance if my property is not in a high-risk flood zone?

Yes, you can purchase flood insurance even if your property is not in a high-risk flood zone. Flooding can occur in any location, and insurance is available for properties in moderate-to-low risk areas as well.

This Is Not Exhaustive!

Contact us if you don't see what you need.